I'm not a writer... but if I were, this is what I'd write about.

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Advice

Can you tell from the advice only, what I should choose to do?: 


Well give it more time then and go from there. I don’t see the point in pursuing anything. He can’t give you what you want right now and that isn’t changing for a long time. You’ll end up hurting yourself in the end by trying to stick it out. That’s the practical answer. The emotional side is saying keep seeing him, do him, and enjoy life. You only live once and you don’t want to think, “what if?” down the road.


No, the details don’t matter. You’d think they would but they don’t. Most dilemmas come  down to this- a battle between what you should do and what you want to do. 


This fact happens to be the primary reason why I get so annoyed by the advice that people give me. Don’t get me wrong, this is great advice but I think the problem is that I don’t actually want advice. I just want someone to tell me to follow my heart and pay no regard to what my brain is telling me. 


In case you’re wondering, more than likely I’m going to keep seeing him... continue to play this one by ear, but since I know what I’m doing is quite right, I’m also going to try to be a little more guarded. 

1 comment:

Silent Scorpion said...

I think that is great advice. You never want a friend to make a decision for you. Instead they should make your options clearer and let you decide what to do about your life on your own.

That's a great friend!