I'm not a writer... but if I were, this is what I'd write about.

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Is Google-stalking his ex-girlfriend ok?


I mean... It started out harmlessly enough. I'd seen her around and thought she was strikingly beautiful and extremely nice so naturally I'm going to wonder what went wrong. Mainly so that I don't fall prey to a similar demise.

I found out her name from an old picture of the pair tagged on his Facebook page and couldn't help copy and pasting it into the Google search box and bam!... Hundreds of little details about this girl I'd've never been able to discreetly ween out of him. I found out everything about her from her high school (she's younger than me) and her last few places of employment (thanks LinkedIn) to her hopes, dreams and aspirations (courtesy of an unlocked Myspace page).

Unfortunately for me I'm a pretty awesome girl who only dates pretty awesome guys who only date pretty awesome girls... Therefore the ex-girlfriend competition is usually pretty stiff... and this chick did not disappoint. Model, fashion designer, entreprenuer and as it appears she's all of these things genuinely and not just in the fake I-just-pretend-to-be-on-my-grind LA kind of way (well at least from what I can see)- she's on her shit.

Here's the dilemma:

Now that I've sized up the competition, my next action is to figure out how to counteract... only, technically she hasn't done anything to respond to. She doesn't even know I exist. So what, exactly, am I counteracting? Should I actually be focused on pre-empting some unforeseen attack? Am I making too much of this?

I know that I shouldn't have been Googling her in the first place... did I wait too late to draw the line? Was I wrong to do a little innocent research on the ex? Should I have just ignored her altogether? I mean... he's not with her for a reason. Right?

Please leave your advice in the comment section.

1 comment:

Silent Scorpion said...

"Here's the dilemma: Now that I've sized up the competition, my next action is to figure out how to counteract... only, technically she hasn't done anything to respond to. She doesn't even know I exist. So what, exactly, am I counteracting? Should I actually be focused on pre-empting some unforeseen attack? Am I making too much of this?"

You are answering your own question. By the end of this paragraph you already doubt the importance of an "attack." These two are no longer together, and no matter how great she might be by herself, together they just didn't fit. It would behoove you to leave it at this one time internet stalking escapade.

Don't accidentally run into this girl. You have something pretty good going on with him, leave it at that. Don't be one of those insecure girls who compare everything that could go wrong with their "man-friend," with his past experience.

STOP NOW!!